Ahh Summer Time, the most anticipated season of the year. There’s the bathing suits and swimming pools, family vacations and summer camps. Oh and there’s the heat. Lots and lots of heat!
To beat the heat what’s better than a delicious cold & tasty treat, homemade ice cream that is.
- 4 C fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 C sugar
- 2 C whipping cream
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 C half and half
- pinch of salt
- Puree blueberries in blender.
- Add pureed blueberries and sugar in sauce pan and stir, warm just enough until the sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate mixture until cold.
- Add in vanilla, salt, milk, half & half and cream. Mix.
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn.
- Freeze to allow ice cream to set up and ripen.
Shop This Recipe!